Sunday, August 16, 2015

Chatty Update

It has been so busy around my house lately. My sister and nephew came to visit which was a lot of fun and a nice break from our normal life. We got our school shopping done. Well, the clothes part anyway I still need to pick up some supplies. It was a little intense this year having to shop for two kids instead of one. I survived, but the pocketbook is a little bit lighter these days.

The big thing that I worked on this month was a secret quilting project. I tested a pattern for Nightingale Quilts that will be coming out later this month. I shared a few peeks on Instagram, but I can't share the finished project until the pattern comes out.

Have you joined the Meadow Mist Midnight Mystery Quilt Along? If you haven't you definitely should; I'm having so much fun with it. Cheryl has a very active FB group and everyone is sharing their progress. I still need to trim most of my flying geese from this month's clue.


I have discovered the magic that is Mary Ellen's Best Press. (Affliate link) I was at Joann's and picked up a bottle to try since I knew it was pretty popular. When I was ironing my fabric for the Carpenter's Star quilt (more on this in a second) I couldn't believe how easy it was to get the wrinkles out when I used the Best Press. I don't even care that it is a starch and sizing alternative I'll buy it just for the ease of ironing. The Lavender Fields scent is really nice, once I run out I am going to buy one of the big honking jugs of it. Okay, I'm done with the infomercial, but seriously go buy yourself some if you haven't!

Starting Wednesday I will be posting my progress on my sister's Carpenter's Star quilt. I will be sharing my measurements and the process I use to create it so if you are interested in making one I hope I can help you out. The quilt that I am making will finish at 88" square.


How has your summer been? 
Don't forget week four of the Lost Lake QAL will be up in the morning!



3 comments:

  1. Isn't is hard to work on secret projects? I am always so excited to be able to share. :) I look forward to your reveal. And I *always* look forward to the next set of instructions from Cheryl. Your colors for the Midnight Mystery quilt are really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your geese, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to following your progress on the Mystery quilt, Kelly. And that Carpenter's Star quilt, too. You sure are a busy quilter!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...