Sunday, June 7, 2015

Camping and Quilting

I spent the weekend down at the camper with my daughters. Since my husband wasn't there to keep me company I brought sewing supplies.

See the cone of Gutermann Thread in the coffee mug? I have been told you don't really need a cone holder just put it in a mug and it will be fine...nope. I tried and it just wasn't working for me. I even used a banana hanger thingy to stop it from jamming. My solution? Fill a bunch of bobbins and use those on top too.

Progress Report: I was able to get all of the strip sets sewn together for The Kite Quilt. I started pressing the seams open but decided that could wait until I was in an air conditioned house. 




Tonight I will work on pressing the seams and cutting the sets up into blocks. The quilt top should hopefully be done tomorrow night or Tuesday.

What did you work on this weekend?


3 comments:

  1. I may need to move my sewing machine outside too. What a gorgeous day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It was so relaxing and such a beautiful day out.

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog thru the list of new bloggers on The Late Night Quilter blog. I am anxious to see future posts. I was also a service wife in Hawaii where my daughter was born. Lived on the north shore (Wahiawa), and made my first quilt there. (not Hawaiian.) Many wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...